Google has just made it’s URL shortener open to public. The Google URL shortener is available at http://goo.gl and has all the basic features that other shortening services provide.
Now the main question is, why should people use the new Google URL shortener when there are so many already available. Here are the reasons I have to:
- It’s a service by Google.
- Since it’s a Google service the chances of it being down are pretty less.
- Google claims that the security is pretty high.
- The data provided is pretty solid.
- Again, its by Google.
- Real time analytics data where we can see visitors by date and time.
- Visitor Profiles like Country, Browsers and Operating System.
- Top Referrer URLs.
Isn’t that sweet? You have all your data inside your Google account which means everything is again under the same roof. Pretty cool I should say. Try Goo.gl today!