If you own a website, blog or web page of any sort, you might have come across your competitor ranking high by getting spam backlinks. I have faced this issue many times and it is really frustrating. The best way to deal with this is to simply ignore them and keep working on your website. In the video below, Rand Fishkin from SEOMoz explains how to deal with these spammers. Rand makes some important points on how to deal with the spammers and this is what He says:
- Make sure that the site is ranked only because of the spam backlinks.
- Google will never penalize a website because it has spammy back links. Google will just ignore those links.
- Informing Google about a website and it’s spam back links might not be the solution to your problem.
- Think about other keywords and optimize for those. People using spammy back links usually do not work on multiple keywords.
- Your site can have an edge by having a good web design and other features like support, testimonials etc. It’s not always only about rankings.
Watch the video and I am sure you will learn something new from it: