Today, Microsoft has released the latest version Office that is Office 2013. Microsoft Office 2013 has been designed for latest generation of computing, and it is different from its previous versions.
New Features Of Microsoft Office 2013:
Touch Screen Support:
A major feature of Office 2013 is the touch screen support, the touch points have been made visible in order to make them more usable, most of the tools have been clearly exposed to the user and in the applications like Word, the interface is truly meant for a tablet PC. In another words, if you want to carry Windows RT / 8 tablet, then you need Microsoft Office 2013. None of the previous versions of Office works as good as Office 2013 on a touch-screen, and also the previous versions of Office are unusable in a touch environment.
When you open Microsoft Office 2013 for the first time, it will asks you to sign in to your Microsoft account (It is optional). If you do enable this feature then you can save the files directly to your SkyDrive account from your desktop. Those who use SkyDrive and Outlook.com for their emails. then Office 2013 is a very useful tool.
Microsoft have incorporated a blogging feature in Office 2013. You can now post your article & publish it online from Office 2013. Windows Live Writer application is the editor for the blog which is a part of Word.
Other Features Includes:
- Integration of Microsoft office 2013 with social networking site like twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn
- New slide animations, designs and transitions in PowerPoint.
- Objects such as images can be moved freely; they snap to boundaries such as paragraph edges, document margin and or column boundaries.
- Support for hotmail.com and outlook.com in Outlook.
Office Web Apps:
Office Web Apps has updated online versions of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word & OneNote.
User are now able to access Office Web Apps via Sky Drive service and by extension, through Facebook hotmail & Docs.com . There is a 25 GB total storage limit & 50 MB file size limit for PowerPoint, Word and One Note files. File size limit for excel files is 2MB.
Below is the system requirement for Microsoft Office 2013 application:
- CPU : 1 GHz clock speed, IA-32 or x64 architecture with SSE2 support
- RAM : 1 GB (IA-32)
- x64 edition: 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk drive: 3.0 GB free disk space
- Computer monitor: 1024×576 pixels or larger
- Video card : DirectX 10-compliant
- Operating system: Windows 8 / 7 / Server 208 R2 / Server 2012
- Software: .NET Framework 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5
Editions Of Microsoft Office 2013:
- Home & Business Edition: The Home and Business Edition costs $219.99 per single license. It includes Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, OneNote & Word 2013.
- Home & Student Edition: The Home & Student Edition costs $139.99 per single license. it includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook 2013.
- Professional Plus Edition: This is supposed to be licensed in large numbers which includes Lync, Outlook, Publisher, Access, InfoPath, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote 2013.
- Professional Edition: The Professional Edition of Microsoft Office 2013 costs $399.99. It includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access 2013.
30-day free trial trial version of Microsoft Office 2013 is now available for the users who would like to try before purchasing this application.
You can download the trail version from the official Microsoft website.