I recently met this Gentleman at a function who was so angry with himself and the Apple iPhone. He got an Apple iPhone and used it only for two months. What happened after that? His Apple iPhone 3GS got hung and nobody could help him. This guy now has his iPhone lying somewhere and no one is using it. Some mobile phone repair centers asked him to throw away the phone as its of no use now. The problem is that whenever he tries to switch on the phone, all he sees is a nice Apple logo and nothing beyond it. The strange thing here is that this guy knows two other people who have faced the same problem and are not able to use their iPhones. All 3 of them have purchased new phones now.
The solution to iPhone not responding is pretty simple. You can get your iPhone back to normal working condition after facing such problem. Just follow the steps below to restore your Apple iPhone. The only drawback in restoring your iPhone is that you will lose all your data once the restore is complete:
- Sit in front of your computer or laptop with iTunes loaded.
- Connect the iPhone/iPod USB cable to your computer. Don’t connect the phone end yet.
- Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake together button for 5-10 seconds. The Home button is the big black button in the lower center of the phone while the Sleep/Wake button is the one on top – next to the sim card.
- Your phone will restart as soon as you hold both the above mentioned keys for 5-10 seconds. Just as the Apple logo on your iPhone goes off, connect the USB cable to the phone end and hold the Home key.
- Hold the Home key till you see the image which asks to plugin your iPhone to iTunes. See image below:
- Once you see this image, you will see a window on your computer that will ask you to restore your iPhone.
- Just follow the on screen instructions and your iPhone will be back to normal but without any of your old data.
You might have to repeat step 4 and step 5 lot of times till you get it right. I had to try lot of times to get the iTunes image on my phone while trying this. Sometimes, the phone needs to be charged and it will ask for the same by displaying the battery low image.
Share this with friends who own an Apple iPhone, iPod or iPad. No need to throw away a non responsive Apple product now. 😉